Mosquitos need standing, stagnant water to lay their eggs, so some additional important steps include:
- Eliminate standing water in rain gutters, old tires, buckets, plastic covers, toys or any other container where mosquitos can breed.
- Empty and frequently change water in bird baths, fountains, wading pools, rain barrels and potted plant trays at least once a week to eliminate potential mosquito habitats.
- Keep swimming pool water treated and circulating.
- Cover all gaps in walls, doors and windows to prevent mosquitos from entering.
- Make sure window and door screens are “bug tight”.
Leave a Reply